The church was founded in 1900 by Robert Pritchard, a native of Brynteg, a nearby village, and the building is located in the centre of the village.
The chapel was built in a Gothic style and an extension was added to the building in the seventies, including a kitchen and meeting rooms. The church is registered for weddings.
We do not have a minister. The last to serve us was the late Reverend Ithel Gibbard who left us in 1999, this was a huge loss.
We have 34 members are recorded. In recent years the numbers have decreased, with twelve members, on average, attending a service. A service is held every other Sunday at 10.30 in the morning and preachers from the area and beyond come to minister to us. We are keen to continue the Cause in Libanus and with the cooperation of officers, trustees and members, the future is hopeful.
Even though the number of members reduced and the running costs of the chapel increasing, the money available is dwindling, following a successful application for financial support to Cyfundeb Môn however, it was possible to carry out substantial repairs to the building.
As was the case in places of worship throughout Wales, the chapel had to be closed in March 2020 as a result of the pandemic, and we reopened in September 2021. During the lockdown, members were in close contact with each other on the telephone and all took advantage of the services broadcast made available on television and radio.
The Anglesey Food Bank is supported by the church, with a box located in the chapel so that members can donate goods. We also make a collection annually for the Genhadaeth and Christian Aid.
The chapel is used by local associations from time to time and the local primary school will hold their Christmas service in the chapel and the Anglesey region of Merched y Wawr will also hold their Carol Service here.